Water break in Smoky Lake
Posted on Tuesday December 20, 2016 at 02:48PM
December 18, 2016
On Sunday, December 18, 2016 approximately 3:00 p.m. a call was placed to the Town of Smoky Lake’s after hours utility alert service to report a water leak at 44 Ave & 54 St. Public Works were on site to assess the leak by 3:15p.m. and CAO Kozakiewicz was informed as to No Emergency Status. Town Fire Chief Juanita Cozicar and Environmental Operations Manager Dave Franchuk were also updated. By 4 p.m. the leak was isolated, and repair crews were notified and on route. Affected residents and one business were also notified. Water supply was maintained at minimal positive PSI. By 6:20 p.m. full water service to affected parties had been restored. “There have been questions raised as to the nature of this rupture, I can say with confidence that the leak is downstream of a fire hydrant supply line valve, and not connected to the main line that was repaired earlier this summer due to an accidental line-strike from engineering crews,” said Andie Loffelbein, Public Works Manager for the Town.
Author: Town of Smoky Lake
Comment on our article:
- Vilna & District Volunteer Firefighters Association 36th Annual Dine and Dance
- Smoky Lake's Women Entrepreneurs Coffee Break and Free Consultations
- Smoky Lake Holubka Dancers presents Malanka
- Office Closed for Ukrainian Christmas!!
- Council meeting Change
- Town Office Closure for Christmas Holidays!!!
- EPIC Christmas!!!
- Candlelight Service of Remembrance
- December 2017 Community Calendar