Smoky Lake Parent Link Centre
Located in the south tower of H. A. Kostash School, the Smoky Lake Parent Link Centre is a FREE service which prides itself in giving children a healthy start in life through positive parent-child relationships, the improvement of parenting knowledge and skills, and fostering optimal child development.
Our qualified staff help to develop nurturing environments that support early childhood development, increase confidence in parenting skills, improve parents’ awareness of community resources and events, enhance connections with other parents and caregivers, strengthen the sense of belonging in the community, and decrease the isolation that new parents may sometimes feel.
PLC programs and services are for parents and caregivers, and their children ages 0-6 years old.
We offer 5 core services:
- Early Childhood Development Programs, offered as drop-in and registered programs, including learning through play and early literacy experiences.
- Parent Education Programs, which help develop skills and strategies for dealing positively and confidently with parenting challenges. These programs include the Triple P Positive Parent Program.
- Family Support Services, such as the community closet, toy library, and parent resource library.
- Developmental Screening, which uses the Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ) for parents to ask questions and learn more about their child’s development.
- Information and Referral Services, which connect families to other resources in the community to meet their needs.