Seasonal Interpreter- Métis Crossing
Seasonal Interpreter- Métis Crossing: Closing Date: March 15, 2019
- Schedule will be based on a 40 hours work week (4 x 10 hours/day), and will include weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- Site Guide, Interpreters will be hired for two time frames:
- May – September
- July – August
Flagman/woman – Construction
Ju-Do Contracting Ltd.
Smoky Lake, AB
Mètis Nation of Alberta
The Mètis Nation of Alberta is inviting and encouraging sub-contractors and tradespeople from Smoky Lake Region to apply with contractors and be a part of their Project: the Mètis Crossing Cultural Gathering Centre. This is an amazing opportunity to be a part of this awesome project and contribute to the greater Reconciliation efforts with indigenous peoples occurring across the Nation.
The project design goals were to create dynamic spaces for authentic experiences with a south facing deck and transition space for indoor/outdoor programming. The river run stone fireplace with be a highlight to gather around and host jigs while viewing travelling museum showcases. It will also contain an open Mètis Kitchen and gathering space. It has been designed to maximize operational and energy efficiencies. I have attached a few images from the architect to visualize what it will potentially look like.
Please find a list of Scope of Work items from the Project and feel free to contact me if you’d like more information on the project and.or contact info for the invited General Contractors.
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Wood, Plastics, Composites
- Thermal and Moisture Protection
- Food Service Equipment
- Special Construction (Fabricated Structures)
- Fire Suppression
- Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning (HVAC
- Electronic Safety and Security
- Exterior Improvements
Contact: Shaun Green
Smoky Lake Region – Economic Development